‘Young & The Restless’ Leads The Soaps in Ratings Race (Again.)
So far this year, Y&R has maintained its traditional lead over the other remaining soap operas. Just because it happens all the time doesn’t make it any less special. However, there is a big difference this season.
What makes this season different from past years where it won every week? Well for starters, Y&R had an extra-difficult start to the previous season, with huge declines when it came back to the air after the pandemic shutdown. While it never lost its place at number one with original episodes airing, it did fall to the lowest points in its history. Some thought Y&R could never bounce back.
Many viewers that break their habit of watching a soap often never return. However, Y&R has largely bounced back- and in a big way. Take a look at how the soap has performed so far this season.
Here’s how the CBS soap opera ‘Young & The Restless’ performed this season:
Total Viewers: Y&R is up 13%
- The soap is up 13 percent in total viewers so far this season, with 388,000 more viewers watching so far this season,
- Season low this season had 3,392,000 viewers tuned in, an increase of 399,000 viewers from the same week and 445,000 more viewers than last season’s low point.
- The highest rated week week so far this season pulled in 3,740,000- higher than any week since April of 2020.
- More viewers than last year every week since the season started.
- Added more viewers than any other soap.
Women 18-49: Y&R is down 2%
- Ranked in first place every week so far this season.
- Averaging a .39, down .02 from last year’s rating at this point.
- Down 2 percent, the smallest year over year decline of the four soaps.
- Season high is a .42 rating, down .05 from the high point this time last year.
- Season low .36 ties last season’s low through this point.
|Women 18-49||Last |
Vs Last Year
Women 25-54: Y&R is down 4 percent
- Ranked first in this demographic every week so far this season.
- Down .03 from last season’s .68 rating to a .65, for a 4 percent decline.
- Had the small decline in this demographic of all four soaps.
- The season high is a .68 rating, down from the .80 high it hit last year.
- The season low is a .60 rating, .03 ahead of the low of .57 it hit last season.
|Women 25-54||Last |
Vs Last Year