Daily Soap Opera Ratings: 11/15 to 11/19/21
Just some things to remember about the ratings…
Here are the ratings for women ages 18-49 and 25-54, the two critical demographics towards which networks target soap operas. While many men and women of all ages watch the soaps, these are the groups that advertisers seek when they place ads on these network programs.
These numbers are only one part of the info that influences the network’s decision-making regarding these daytime dramas. But with television changing, the ratings are becoming less influential as more people start watching via non-traditional methods like streaming.
The ratings below include data counted is who watches lived when the show airs and all viewing up through 3 AM that evening. This set of data is called Live + Same Day. These numbers do not include any viewing from streaming services, on-demand viewing via cable services, or any DVR-recorded episodes watched after 3 AM the day it airs.
As always the raw data was provided by our friends at Soap Opera Network. Feel free to check them out at www.soapoperanetwork.com. While you are there, make sure you head over to the message boards. It’s pretty cool.
Women 18-49: Every Soap, Every Episode Ranked
- Y&R held the top 4 spots- technically the top two because The last three days of the week tied at number 2. Only Tuesday’s episode ranked below the .4 mark and ranked number at number ten.
- B&B had four episodes in the top 10. B&B’s Thursday managed to crack the top 5. It’s lowest rated episode came on Tuesday- it ranked 17th out of 20.
- GH scored three episodes in the top 20. The highest rated was Tuesday at number six- enough to be first place that day. The least viewed was Friday’s episode.
- DAYS managed to score two episodes in the top 10 tying for 8th and 10th place for Monday and Tuesday. The other three days held the bottom three spots
- There were technically fourteen shows in the top 10 because five episodes from all four soaps tied in the number 10 spot. Y&R and DAYS tied for their episode on Tuesday, along with the airings on Monday and Wednesday of GH and B&B for Friday’s episode
Women 18-49: Daily Breakdown
|Bold & |
|Young & |
- Y&R won Monday with ease. It beat number two B&B by 25 percent. DAYS had its strongest day of the week with a .33 rating good enough to beat GH.
- Tuesday saw B&B have its lowest rated day, falling to fourth with a .28 rating. GH managed to win with a weekly high .36 rating. DAYS tied Y&R for second- yeah that happened on Y&R’s lowest rated of the week and it wasn’y even DAYS best performance of the week!
- On Wednesday, Y&R held first place while B&B returned to second. GH was back in third and DAYS fell to tie its lowest rated for the week with a .24 rating
- B&B hit a high on Thursday with a .37 rating, Y&R held steady in first. GH dipped a bit to a .3 and DAYS rose to a .26 rating..
- Friday saw Y&R hold first again, ahead of B&B by almost 35%. GH dipped to its low of a .29 and DAYS tied its low point for the week.
Women 18-49: Weekly Averages
- Y&R was number one by a wide margin, beating second place B&B by 24 percent. The soap climbed 8 percent from last week and held up pretty well compared to last year. Y&R dropped the smallest amount of any soap, dipping just 5 percent.
- B&B fell slightly from last week with a 3 percent drop to a .33 rating. The soap fell harder from last year with an 8 percent decline from a .36 ratinh
- GH slipped 3 percent from last week to a .31 and dropped 6 percent from the .33 rating it had last year.
- DAYS popped up to a .28 rating, an increase of 12 percent week to week. Unfortunately, DAYS slipped 18 percent from last year the most of any of the soaps on the air.
Women 25-54: Every Soap, Every Episode Ranked
- Y&R dominated in women 25-54 with four of the top five and its lowest rated episode from Tuesday in seventh.
- B&B managed to score four spots in the top 10, with its highest rated episode airing on Thursday and coming in at number five. Tuesday was the weakest of the bunch and ranked 12th in a tie with GH’s Monday episode.
- GH only managed to have its highest rated episode, from Tuesday, rank number nine. The the rest of GH’s week came in at numbers 11, 12 and 14. The lowest rated episodes were a tie between GH’s Wednesday and Thursday which both came in with a .47 rating
- While DAYS has shown some spark in women 18-49, the NBC soap just can’t compete in the older demographic. The highest rated episode came in on Monday where GH beat it by 14 percent. To put it in perspective Y&R beat it by 66 percent that day. Y&R beat DAYS by 40 percent on Tuesday, by 125 percent on Wednesday, 88 percent on Thursday and and more than doubled it on Friday.
Women 25-54: Daily Breakdown
|Bold & |
|Young & |
- Monday saw Y&R hold a commanding lead for number one- it beat B&B by 23 percent. B&B was no slouch beating GH by 19 percent. DAYS had its best day but still behind GH which won third by 14 percent.
- Y&R continued to reign on Tuesday despite dropping by 20 percent from the day before. GH was a close second with a .54 rating, its highest of the week. B&B dropped considerably from Monday but still beat DAYS by 20 percent.
- The CBS soaps jumped on Wednesday, with Y&R back at the .7 mark and B&B up to a .53 rating. GH and DAYS went the other direction with GH dropping 13 percent while DAYS dropped by 20 percent from the day before.
- Thursday was another good day for CBS, with Y&R dipping slightly but still strong enough for first. B&B hit its weekly high with a .6 rating while GH only held steady with a .37. DAYS jumped by over 12 percent.
- Finally on Friday, Y&R hit a .72 rating, the highest of the week. B&B fell to a .55 rating and held second. GH moved up to a .51 rating but was stuck in third and DAYS dopped slightly to a .35 rating.
Women 25-54: Weekly Averages
- Y&R was up by 5 percent from last week with a .67 rating and down the least of all four soaps from last year. Y&R was only down by 4 percent.
- B&B also had a positive week compared to the previous one, up by 2 percent to a .55 rating. Unfortunately, the half hour soap took a tumble from last year by 15 percent.
- GH had a rough week down by 11 percent from last week. It held up better compared to last year when it pulled a .52 rating. This year the soap averaged a .49 rating, down 6 percent.
- DAYS had a glimmer of good news in the demographic as it inched up by 2 percent to hit a .37 rating for the week. Unfortunately, DAYS was down a huge 24 percent from the same time last week.
- General Hospital Spoilers 1/26/23(General Hospital Spoilers 1/26/23) Here’s a sneak peek of Thursday’s episode of General Hospital (Weekdays on ABC, Weeknights on Hulu) complete with spoilers directly from the source: ABC’s official episode descriptions for January 26, 2023. If you enjoy my take on General Hospital Spoilers, there’s a new Spoilers post Monday to Friday. Some previews may…Read more
- General Hospital Spoilers 1/25/23(General Hospital Spoilers 1/25/23) Here’s a sneak peek Wednesday’s episode of General Hospital (Weekdays on ABC, Weeknights on Hulu) complete with spoilers directly from the source- the ABC network’s episode listings. Find out what to expect on GH each day with a General Hospital Spoilers post for the following episode. Who’s in Wednesday’s episode of…Read more
- General Hospital Spoilers 1/23/23Here’s a sneak peek at Tuesday’s episode of General Hospital (Weekdays on ABC, Weeknights on Hulu) complete with spoilers directly from the network. Find out what’s coming up on GH, what recently happened, and what’s going on now by checking back here daily. I plan to make a General Hospital Spoilers post as often as…Read more
- General Hospital Spoilers For Monday January 23, 2023Here’s a rundown of the spoilers for Monday’s episode, courtesy of the episode description sent out by ABC. Enjoy my helpful graphic with everybody that Monday’s episode description mentions. There’s also a list below. Here’s the official episode description for Monday January 23, 2023 Monday January 23, 2023 Nikolas asks for Laura’s support. Spencer surprises…Read more
- What You Need to Know: ‘General Hospital’ Has Higher Ratings Than ‘GMA3’ But Way Less Support From ABCGMA3 gets the full promotional push from ABC while General Hospital spends its 60th anniversary being ignored- even though the soap opera pulls in more viewers. Sure GMA3 seems like the hottest show on daytime television with all the buzz it’s been getting. The affair between Amy Robach and TJ Holmes has drawn much attention…Read more
- In Less Than 6 Months, Tabyana Ali Has Become The Heroine Of ‘General Hospital’Tabyana Ali’s The Heroine On General Hospital– And It Hasn’t Even Been Six Months! Soap opera fans can be incredibly loyal, as evidenced by continuing to watch a soap daily for decades on end. These fans can be the brutal critics as well- especially towards unfamiliar faces gracing their television screen. Actors playing new characters…Read more
- Soap Opera Ratings: ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Final Week On NBC… in Chart Form!Soap Opera Ratings: ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Final Week On NBC… in Chart Form!
- Soap Opera Ratings: Queen’s Death Interrupts Final Week Of ‘Days Of Our Lives’The latest ratings for all four daytime soap operas.
- ‘General Hospital’ Recap 7/6/22 Part 1: From Homeless To HorsemateIn Wednesday’s episode of ABC’s ‘General Hospital’, Michael and Willow add horses to their list of approved non-Wiley-related conversation topics. Cody goes from Dante’s couch to Quartermaine’s stable (it’s still an upgrade, that horse’s house is sick), and Britt suffers more indignity. And that’s just the first part of this episode recap.
- ‘General Hospital’: Where’s Monica Quartermaine? Rumors Swirl About Leslie Charleson’s Potential RetirementAfter 45 years playing Dr. Monica Quartermaine, Leslie Charleson may be retiring from ‘General Hospital’ in August.
- Every Cast Member Who’s Won An Emmy Award On ‘General Hospital’… Ever!General Hospital Wins Best Daytime Drama For Record-Breaking 15th Time! General Hospital won for Outstanding Daytime Drama for the 15th time- breaking the record it set by winning last year. GH has been nominated a grand total of 32 times for the top prize at the Daytime Emmy Awards. In the soap opera’s first ten…Read more
- Nicholas Chavez Won Outstanding Younger PerformerNicholas Chavez Won Outstanding Younger Performer